Panchakarma (Ayurvedic Treatment) used in the alternative system of medicine in India
In metropolitan cities like Mumbai where the mind and body are hurried, the disease often replaces good health.
Even though the best of modern medicine is available, today people do choose to reach out to a holistic healing centre in Mumbai, in search of long term healing. The benefits of alternative healing systems have created interest not only for Mumbaikars but also a growing awareness amongst people worldwide.
Holistic treatments to a great extent are drug-free treatments. It is an alternative system of medicine, which combines the age-old wisdom of Ayurveda with the limited use of modern medicine.
One of the treatments used by the holistic clinics to treat patients is called the Panchakarma treatment.
What is Panchakarma?
It is an Ayurvedic system, which helps the body to rebuild its immunity by removing the imbalances in the body. When stress affects our digestive system it not only slows down the breaking up of food for energy but also results in inflammation that causes diseases. The Panchakarma treatment helps to restore the balance in the body by correct diet, massage therapy and detoxification. The word Panchakarma is derived from, “panch” meaning five and “karma” meaning treatment. Thereby it is a combination of five procedures for the realignment of the Vata, Pitta and Kapha forces in our body.
The 5 Phases of Cleansing or purifying the body in Panchakarma treatments:
1. Purvakarma: Preparing the body to release toxins.
2. Virechana: Use of purgation or therapeutic laxatives to rid the excess bile (Pitta) in the gallbladder.
3. Vamana: Therapeutic vomiting to eliminate the excess Kapha.
4. Nasya: Use of nasal medical drops to clear the respiratory tract.
5. Basti: Final stage where impurities are thrown out by the colon.
Today Panchakarma treatment is being used to treat common colds, fever, migraines, hypertension, kidney stones and arthritis.
Advantages of Panchakarma in holistic healing
– Though it is a lengthy treatment requiring consistency it has no side effects.
– It removes the toxic chemicals which enter our body through pesticides in agricultural produce
– It reduces pain by addressing the root cause of inflammation in the body
– It improves blood circulation in the body
– It increases the overall energy level and slows down the ageing process
– It helps to regulate blood pressure and reduce stress, which is the main element of hypertension causing heart attacks and strokes.
– It balances cholesterol and the triglycerides
-It heals the body, mind and spirit
Finding a balance between modern medicine and Ayurveda is the key to building one’s immunity as well as addressing and treating any ailment from the root. Once you are prepared to make the big lifestyle change, you are ready for alternative healing. Alternative therapy, nature cure, holistic healing and integrated medicine are the go-to treatments today. A reliable holistic healing therapy centre will integrate technological developments with its own ayurvedic proprietary medicine, supervised by a medical doctor and an Ayurveda expert. It’s a game-changer!